This call is addressed to people, collectives, agencies, festivals or producers who have done or who own the rights of exhibition on audiovisual work such as documentaries, fiction, experimental or video art; Shot in film, video or animation.
The festival will be held from 10th to 18th may 2013 in Barranquilla Colombia.
Requirements and general information
1. The inscription is totally free.
2. The length of short films is 25 minutes maximum, no exception.
3. The short film could not have been finished prior to 2011.*
4. To submit one or more works to the festival, the applicant should send two (2) copies of each short film in DVD format and a printed registration form for each short film; each copy should be properly filled out with the name of the short film and the director.
5. Foreing language shorts must have subtitles.
6. The copies of short films we receive, stay as material of the video library of the festival and could be featured afterwards with cultural and educational purposes.
7. The theme is free.
8. The registered videos should have high quality image and sound.
9. Shipping expenses of the material are to be paid for the applicants. For international shipping it is advisable to mark the packet with the tag “no commercial value – cultural purposes only”.
10. The registration form can be downloaded from the web page: www.cinealacalle.org or can be requested to the e-mail: email@example.com. The applicants must fill out the registration form, sign it and send it with the short film.
11. The applicant must send an email labeled with the title of the short film, followed by the word "data", to (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information: registration form filled out, technical data of the short film, CV (résumé) of the director, posters, flyers and promotional material and pictures of the film in high resolution.
12. The reception of the works does not imply its inclusion in the official programming. The festival reserves itself the right to include or not the short films received according to curatorship.
13. The short films will be received by certified mail until March 15th, to the following address: Calle 52 # 54-75, Alianza Francesa de Barranquilla / Coordinación Cultural, Barranquilla-Colombia.
· Categories and awards
Best local short film / Trophy Cine a la Calle and USD $500 **
Best national short film/ Trophy Cine a la Calle and USD $500
Best international short film / Trophy Cine a la Calle and USD $500
Best short film for children. ***
*Shorts that have participated in previous versions of the festival will not be accepted.
**This award goes to shorts recorded and produced in Barranquilla by directors born or who currently live in the city.
***This award goes to a short film whose theme is addressed to children or familiar audiences (this is an award not a category)
International short film festival Cine a la Calle
Tel. (+575) 3490269 ext. 108
Cell phones: (+57) 312-2234886 / 300-4430428
Calle 52 no. 54 – 75 Alianza Francesa de Barranquilla / Coordinación Cultural.
The international short film festival Cine a la Calle © is a project of the Cine a la Calle Foundation, a nonprofit cultural entity, created in 2005, with the objective of promoting and developing audiovisual and cultural projects with social approach.
To download the application form, go to: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?s55ckhtpm28g79z